Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Ten on Tuesday: Books I Love Lately



Ok let's start by keeping it real. I don't do a lot of reading of anything other than "Hop on Pop," "Five Little Monkeys Jumping on the Bed," and the latest issue of Highlights magazine. But I love books. And I love reading. When I catch a rare, spare moment or two, I run to stick my nose in a book. Also, I am fortunate enough to not suffer car sickness, so I read when we take roadtrips. Even short ones, like when we go out to Ikea.

My nightstand has a stack of books piled high. I read them in bits and pieces, I re-read them, I bookmark them, dog ear them, highlight them, and I study them, but I haven't finished any of them. Someday, I will.



Here is my top 10 list of Books I Love Lately:

1. That's My Son by Rick Johnson
2. Bringing Up Boys by James Dobson
3. The Power of a Woman's Words by Sharon Jaynes
4. The Power of a Praying Parent by Stormie Omartain
5. Love and Respect by Emmerson Eggerichs
6. Alice and Oliver by Tess Callahan
7. Teaching Children by Diane Lopez, Susan Schaeffer Macaulay, and Elizabeth Laraway Wilson
8. The Healthiest Kid in the Neighborhood by William Sears, Martha Sears, James Sears, and Robert Sears
9. HAPPYBABY: The Organic Guide to Baby's First 24 Months by Robert Sears
10. Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World by Joanna Weaver

What are you reading?

for more terrific Top Ten lists check out Oh Amanda, the gracious hostess of Top Ten Tuesday.

photo by cicimai09