Wednesday, February 03, 2010

works for me: keeping it real

i started this blog for me. i named it after myself and my purpose. four years later, not much has changed. 

and, stay with me here, that leads me to believe that if a tree falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it, it does make a noise.  

see, my blog is like a tree in a big forest. every time i write a blog post, it's like falling. when i first started my blog, and quite possibly for the first year or two, no one was around. but i promise i was making a noise.

i wasn't writing (or falling) for anyone but myself. i was writing, making noise, for me. i can be selfish here, it's my blog, i set it up that way.

over the years i've found and followed blogs and made friends with bloggers who are like me- trees making noise even if no one's around. on the other hand, i've found blogs and made friends with bloggers who are motivated to make noise because of who's around.

i love blogs where i can win stuff. i love linking up with other blogs. blogs that are read by people around the world. i love being a reader. i'm fascinated by how big a personal blog can become. but the reality of it is, my blog will never be as big as those other trees in the forest.

here, i'm just keeping it real.

at the end of the day i want to like my blog and look forward to making my noise. even if no one is around to hear it.

keeping it real works for me.

thank you, WeAreTHATFamily.com, for hosting Works for Me Wednesday.
photo from rakkasan69.