Monday, August 09, 2010

menu planning monday: summer tortellini and more

photo ©mamahall

it's going to be a delicious week! just look at that Summer Tortellini, a recipe that i found on RealMomKitchen.com...is your mouth watering yet? mine is. :) click the links for more yummy recipes featured in this week's menu plan. happy cooking!  



  • 1 pkg. (9 oz.) uncooked refrigerated cheese-filled tortellini (I used 2 packages of Buitoni brand) 
  • 1 medium zucchini, thinly sliced
  • 1 large carrot, peeled and chopped
  • 1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes, halved (I used a can of organic diced petite tomatoes, drained and rinsed)
  • 4 green onions with tops, thinly sliced (I omitted)
  • 1/4 cup snipped fresh parsley (I used fresh)
  • 1/2 cup you’re favorite ranch dressing (I used Newman's Own Poppy Seed dressing)
  • Parmesan Cheese – to taste (I used about a cup of fresh Parmesan. And while we're here let me tell you- fresh is WAY BETTER tasting than the canned, processed stuff.) 
  1. Cook tortellini according to package directions, drain and rinse under cold running water. Place tortellini in a large colander and set aside.
  2. Meanwhile, slice zucchini. chop carrot(s). Cut tomatoes in half and slice green onions. Snip parsley, if using fresh.
  3. Add vegetables to tortellini. Pour salad dressing over salad. Grate parmesan cheese over salad. cover; refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving. Yield: 6 servings







my weekly menu is linked up at OrgJunkie's Menu Planning Monday