Tuesday, November 03, 2009

this day is good




Today...

I'm completely off my daily schedule and routine. I have played more and worked less, and my kids are loving it.
My bed is unmade. No one is judging me on that.
My children are rambunctious. But thank God they are healthy.
My husband is working late again tonight. I thank God he is employed.
There is mud on my carpet. Reminding me of how much fun the kids had playing outside.
The baby throws a fit when I clean his face. And then he looks up at me and says "da-dooo Mama."

This day is good. Slow down, try a new perspective, and see for yourself.

Would you like some extra encouragement during this busy season to slow down and celebrate smallness?

Each Tuesday, a small community of women write a post on their blogs to do just that: to celebrate the beauty in the midst of the chaos. We're all linking up at Tuesdays Unwrapped. Please consider joining in and slowing down. 



Give yourself permission to see the moments that may have otherwise disappeared under the pile of daily tasks. What is real and true this day? Discover and receive it with thanks.